V-Sit Core Training Postpartum Exercise
Balance your way back to your bodacious pre-baby bod.
- Your baby
- A chair
- Put your baby on your belly and hold onto her.
- Tighten your abs and slowly lift your knees.
- If you have the strength, extend the legs into a V-sit. If not, hold position with legs bent and gradually build your strength for the fully extended position.
- Silently curse all the Pilates mommies at playgroup while you hold and count to five.
- Hold V-sit for a count of five, then release and repeat.
- Do two sets of 10, three times per week.
- After two weeks, increase to two sets of 15.
- Every two weeks add five more seconds.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your baby so you can become familiar with the movement. At all times, please make sure that your baby is secure and his or her head is supported. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your baby's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).