Can-Can Leg Postpartum Exercise
A Moulin Rouge move to tone your quads.
- Your baby
- A chair
- Hold your baby securely on your lap.
- Tighten the abdominals and slowly extend one leg until it is parallel to the ground with a strong contraction in the quadriceps. (Be careful not to hyperextend the knee.)
- Remember to keep a strong core and a tight contraction in your thighs!
- Return your foot to the ground and repeat on the other side.
- Sing the chorus of "Lady Marmalade" throughout the reps. Voulez-vous couchez avec moi, ce soir!?
- Do two sets of 20, three times per week.
- Every two weeks, increase your reps by five.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your baby so you can become familiar with the movement. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your baby's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).