Outer Thigh Leg Lift Postpartum Exercise
Channel your inner Rockette with these leg lifts.
- Your kid
- Your stroller
- Strap your kid all nice and safe into the stroller.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width; knees soft, abdominals tight and shoulder blades pulled back and down.
- Gently lift a leg out to the side, squeezing your tush like you're trying to crack a walnut between your cheeks.
- Return the leg to starting position and repeat on the other side.
- Do two sets of 20, three times weekly.
- Increase by five more every two weeks.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your child so you can become familiar with the movement. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your child's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).