Forward Lunge Postpartum Exercise
Walk your way to fab, toned legs--one giant step at a time.
- Your kid
- Your stroller
- Strap your kid all nice and safe into the stroller.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, knees soft, abdominals tight and shoulder blades pulled back and down.
- Take one step out in front of you.
- Be sure you can still see the toes on your front foot—a whole new, post-pregnancy concept!
- Use your front leg to pull you back up into a standing position.
- Repeat on other leg.
- Donate your "body shaper" to charity.
- Start with 15 on each leg, three times weekly.
- Increase the number of steps by five on each leg every two weeks.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your child so you can become familiar with the movement. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your child's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).