Reverse Crunch Postpartum Exercise
He gave you the jelly belly, now let him help you work it off.
- Your baby
- A place to lay down
- Lay on the ground with hands holding your baby. (She should have good neck control for this one.)
- Bend both knees with feet flat on the ground.
- As you tighten your abs, raise your baby up into the air while lifting your butt off the ground. (Blame any involuntary grunting on the baby.)
- Release and return to starting position, keeping a tight belly contraction the whole time.
- Breathe out when knees are on the way up.
- Start with two sets of 10 daily for the first two weeks, then increase to 20 reps for the next two weeks.
- Every two weeks, try to add five more reps to your set.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your baby so you can become familiar with the movement. At all times, please make sure that your baby is secure and his or her head is supported. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your baby's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).