Oblique Exercise Postpartum Exercise
Whittle your waistline with this side-stretch.
- Your kid
- Your stroller
- Get your kid all nice and buckled into the stroller.
- Stand with your left side toward the stroller and your left hand on the stroller handle.
- Feet are slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, knees bent, abdominals tight and shoulder blades pulled back and down.
- As you push the stroller forward (make sure the brake is off) reach over your head with your right arm. Stretch as far as feels comfortable then return back.
- On the return think about bringing your rib cage towards your hips bones, creating a squeeze in your abs. Also think about yourself in a bikini.
- Keeping a slow but steady movement allows for a stronger contraction, and keeps your kid happy in the stroller. Happy kid, better abs—what more could you ask for?
- Do one set of 20 on each side three times per week.
- After two weeks increase to two sets of 20, 3 times per week.
- Day by day, you'll be whittling away that waist line.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your child so you can become familiar with the movement. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your child's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).