How to Lose Baby Weight
Here are some things to keep in mind when trying to lose your baby weight:
- Lots of new moms find that nursing helps them lose their baby weight.
- Crash diets don't work in the long run. You're better off eating a balanced diet.
- Regular exercise is the best way to lose weight and keep it off. If you don't have child care, take your baby on a long walk around the neighborhood or sign up for a postpartum exercise class where you can bring your baby.
- Lift weights. It helps to speed up your metabolism and you'll get stronger (lifting baby works wonders too!)
- Don't compare yourself to celebrity moms. They have private trainers and personal chefs helping the get back in shape.
- It might take a year (or more) for you to lose the baby weight. Some women also find they don't lose the weight until they stop breastfeeding.
- Accept that your body may never be exactly the same. Even if you lose your baby weight, pregnancy may have caused permanent changes in your body. Learn to love your softer belly and womanly hips!