2013 Baby Name Predictions
- Move over Paris, London and Austin! Parents opting for more exotic place names and these celebubabies prove it: Tennessee (Reese Witherspoon), Camden (Nick and Vanessa Lachey), Scotland (Kourtney Kardashian) and Moroccan (Mariah Carey).
- Despite some stiff competition, we're betting Jacob and Sophia will remain at the top of the baby names charts in 2013!
- Flora and fauna names will continue to bloom in popularity in 2013, but parents-to-be are swapping Violet, Rose and Lily for more obscure names like Primrose, Juniper, Clover and Poppy. Perhaps we have plant-crazy Hunger Games author Suzanne Collins to thank for their bump in popularity!
- Adele stole the "namesake of our fave feminine crooner" category on last year's popular names list, but we think Florence (a nod to Florence and the Machine's Florence Welch) will steal the spotlight in 2013.
- Animals have always figured prominently in contemporary name culture and 2013 won't be any different. Which mammalian name is hottest on the name front for 2013? The lion. Look for all things leonine (Leon, Lionel, Leo, Lio and, yes, even Lion itself) in 2013's charts.
- 2012 had Game of Thrones, Twilight and Hunger Games, but in 2013 we'll see cute, little baby hobbits. Peter Jackson's newest trilogy will be fresh in parents' minds and we're likely to see more babies named Galadriel, Thorin, Dain and Bard throughout the year.
Got a brilliant baby name idea for this list? Add it to the comments below!