Baby Shower Ideas That Don't Break the Bank
Looking for baby shower ideas that won't break the bank? Let Becky Long, author of Themed Baby Showers help you save some cash without compromising the celebration!
- Find a cohost or two, and you've potentially cut your costs by a half or a third.
- Keep the numbers in check. While certain costs are fixed and not affected by the headcount (like decorations), many costs are directly proportional to the number of guests (like food). Call guests who haven't responded to ensure less goes to waste.
- Shop early. The more time you have to find clearance sales of party supplies, the better your odds of finding them. Also check online auction sites for bargains and browse thrift shops for decorations.
- Schedule your celebration for midmorning or midafternoon when a light menu can be served.
- Choose theme ideas that can serve a dual purpose. For example, choose favors that can double as decorations, such as chocolate kiss rosebud favors that can become a beautiful centerpiece when place in a vase.